The PL-2305 USB-to-IEEE-1284 Bridge Controller is a low-cost high-performance single chip solution that provides bi-directional connectivity between any standard IEEE-1284 compliant parallel port devices and the Universal Serial Bus (USB) interface.
- Universal Serial Bus Specification Rev. 1.1 compliant
- USB full speed communication and bus powered
- USB Printer Class Specification 1.0 compliant
- IEEE-1284 1994 (bi-directional parallel interface) specification compliant
- Optional external EEPROM for customized USB Vendor ID, Product ID, Device Release Number, Manufacturer String Descriptor, Product String Descriptor, Serial Number String Descriptor, and any other string descriptors up to 248 bytes in total size
- Low-level printer class drivers provided for Windows 98, and Windows 2000
- 48-Pin SSOP package
$ lsusb ... ID 067b:2305 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2305 Parallel Port
- About page.
- Driver download page.